LUCAN UNITED FC
Chairperson: Hon. Secretary: Club Address:
Keith Hyland Dave Monaghan 107 Airlie Heights,
Role: Name: Executive
Chair Person: Keith Hyland
Vice Chairperson Ann Byrne (*)
Hon. Secretary: Dave Monaghan
Hon. Treasurer: John Doyle (*)
Exe Member: Julie Bond
Exe Member: Roy Shanahan
Exe Member Christy Moran (*)
Exe Member: Noel Shanahan
Exe Member: Joe Costigan
Exe Member: Paul Shields
Exe Member: Eddie Duffy
- The club shall be known as Lucan United Football Club.
- The official colors of the club shall be Red White & Black (Home) & Yellow and Black (Away).
- The objectives of the club shall be:
To promote the game of Football (Soccer)
- In furtherance exclusively of the foregoing main object the club shall have the following subsidiary objects’’
‘To provide the facility of playing Soccer’
To take part in competitions for ladies, men, junior boys and girls.
To create a spirit of sportsmanship and community participation amongst members through the development of physical skills, self-discipline teamwork and Co-operation.
To continue improving the facilities, players and community involvement on an ongoing basis.
To communicate in an open and honest manner with each other.
Embrace and encourage new ideas amongst our members.
- The day too day organization and control of the club shall be conducted by an executive committee.
- The executive committee will consist of 6 to12 members elected by the general body at the AGM (Annual General Meeting) and will comprise of four Officers and up to eight non-officers. A Chairperson and Vice Chairperson will be elected by the executive committee through an open show of hands at the first meeting. All other appointments such as Club Hon. Secretary will be will also be elected at the first executive meeting again by an open show of hands. A Chairperson may not serve more than two terms consecutively. He/She may however be selected again after a year break in service.
- The Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Hon. Secretary and Hon. Treasurer are deemed the officers of the club.
- In order to be eligible for appointment as an Honorary Officer of the club an individual must be a member of the Exe committee for cumulative period of three years.
- A Hon. Officer will serve for a single period of two years (one term) and should be entitled to seek re-election for further terms. Ref 2.2 for Chairperson.
- The function of the Chairperson shall be to chair all executive and general meetings of the club. In the absence of the Chairperson the Vice Chairperson will take the chair or in the absence of both, the Honorary Secretary will chair the meeting.
- In the advent of a tie in voting the Chairperson will have the casting vote. The Chairperson will be the club representative at all outside meetings unless deemed different by the majority of the executive.
- All Managerial appointments and dismissal must be voted on by the Executive or a committee empowered by the Executive.
- Background checks or Executive committee sponsors must be obtained when new managers or committee members join the club.
- There must be at least 50% of the executive available to cast a vote
- The Hon. Secretary or designee will keep minutes of all meetings of the executive and of annual general meetings and special general meetings of the club.
- The Hon. Secretary or designee must contact all members of the executive to inform them of meetings and the agenda of the meetings, failure to do so will give that member the right to cast a vote on a later date on all proposals made and passed at the meeting which in turn could change the result. Any member who is contacted but does not turn up does not have the right to vote at a later date.
- The Treasurer shall take charge of all funds of the club and keep regular accounts of income and expenditure and supply these accounts at the clubs monthly meetings when required to each member of the executive. Any expenditure to the club must supply a receipt to the treasure which in turn will be supplied by the treasurer to any member of the executive on request. An auditor will be appointed by the executive before the AGM to audit the financial presentation to the club members. (This auditor will not be a member of the executive).
- Club funds shall be lodged in the saving account of the club deemed by the executive.
The executive will meet at least once a month September to July at any time or place that may be appointed by it.
- The executive will have powers of co-option to fill vacancies, which may occur from time to time within its ranks.
- Any member of the executive who misses three meetings in a row without communication to the Hon Secretary will be terminated from the executive.
- If 60% or more members of the executive feel that another member of the executive (inclusive of the chairperson) is giving no contribution to the committee they can propose a no confidence ballot. This will be done by a show of hands, but can be done by secret ballot on request of two or more members. There must be al least 5 members of the executive present to cast this vote.
- The executive shall be the official interpreter of this constitution and shall have power to deal with any matters not provided for in the constitution and rules.
- A Management Committee or Trustees maybe appointed by the executive as they see fit. The Management Committee or trustees with the approval of the executive may borrow such sum of money and upon such terms and conditions as they see fit and to execute a deed of charge, deposit of title deeds over the land and premises belonging to the club as security for all sums due by the trustees to the particular bank or lending institution on a current or loan account together with the interest thereon at such rates as may be agreed upon. So however that the total amount out standing at any one time may not exceed such amount as may from time to time be determined by resolution of the executive of the club.
- The annual general meeting should take place in the month of January (This Date may be pushed or pulled forward by the Exe Committee for a period of no longer than 2 months if deemed necessary by Exe Committee).
- At least 21 days notice should be given of A.G.M.
- Agenda should be published and available seven days in advance if required.
- The agenda should include:
Proposed Amendments to Constitution and Rules.
Resignation of Executive.
Election of executive.
Any Other Business.
- Each adult member 18 and over is entitled to one vote
- One parent may vote on behalf of their child if the child is under 18 years of age
- Changes and additions to the constitution may only be made at the AGM or a SGM special meeting called for the purpose. Adoption of changes or additions must be agreed by two thirds of those present and voting. Draft changes may be voted on by the EXE and put forward to the membership at the next possible opportunity.
- All proposed changes to the constitution and rules can only be submitted by an adult club member and must be seconded. Proposals of changes to the constitution or rules must be submitted to the Hon. Secretary 14 days before the A.G.M.
- A special meeting SGM may be called to propose changes to the constitution and rules if 15 or more members of the club sign letter requesting the meeting.
- A quorum for an AGM is one third of all adult members.
- A SGM can be called by the EXE at any time they deem it necessary giving at least 5 days’ notice.
- No business shall be transacted at SGM except that specified by the EXE in the Agenda.
- The admission of any men women boys or girls rests with the executive, but in normal circumstances will generally be delegated to the team managers.
- The executive have the power at any stage to terminate membership of any member who in their opinion does not abide by the rules of the club.
- A team manager at any stage can terminate a player membership to the club, that player has fourteen days to submit to the executive a written appeal. The executive word is final. If the appeal is upheld the player may or may not go back to the same team depending on the manager and executive decision.
- A team manager has the right at any stage to move a player from his team without question to another team within the club if he has the agreement of the other team manager and the Executive committee.
- A team manager can request players from another team within the club and may play these player on consent of the other team manager and they are not breaking any league rules.
- All players are signed for Lucan United Football Club and not just one particular team and again may be required to move team from time to time.
- Matters of discipline will be dealt on a day too day basis by the team managers.
- Appeals will be dealt with by a sub section of 3 members of the executive and their decision is final and they are under no obligation to explain their decision.
- Appeals will not be heard due to players been dropped by their manager.
- The team manager has full control of team affairs.
- Each team manager will lay down guidelines for his own team around discipline. If these are not met a player may be asked to leave the club by that Manager.
- Players can be fined for being late for meeting times for matches if deemed appropriate by their manager. The fine will be decided by the team manager but can’t exceed a weeks subs. Physical Fighting among players could result in instant dismissal from the club.
- Abusive behavior may result in instant dismissal from the club.
- Frequent fining could result in dismissal from the club.
- A Player, Coach, Manager or Assistant Manager may serve a suspension laid down by the Exe Committee if they deem necessary or his/her actions require further discipline than already laid down by the league.
- All managers must abide by the Association they are affiliated rules. Failure to do so could lead to dismissal from the club.
- Players who are let go for disciplinary reasons from a team within the club can not sign for another team in the club. They may however appeal the decision through the disciplinary process
- The executive can change membership fees as they deem fit.
- The annual subscriptions fees shall be payable in advance by 11th of august every year. If the fees are not paid within two weeks of this date the player may be dropped from all activities until payment.
- Unemployed players/parents or players who are attending full time third level education may be given a reduced rate if deemed by the executive.
- Members will also be asked to pay a weekly or monthly subscription deemed by the executive, if a player owes two weeks subs or more than a month subscription if paying by the standing order they may be dropped from the team until their balance has been paid.
7.1 All members of the club are required to take part in fund raising. This is not optional.
- If in order to protect or promote the interests of the club the necessity should arise to affiliate or terminate affiliation with any other clubs such affiliation or amalgamation will be considered at SGM.
- If at a time a circumstance a rises which there is no provision in this constitution and rules or regards of the interpretation or application of these rules, the same shall be brought before the executive and their decision is binding.
- The club is non-political, non-racial and non-sectarian.
- Every committee person, officer or servant of the club shall be indemnified by the club against, and it will be the duty of the executive to pay all cost, losses or expenses which they may incur or become liable to for reason of any contract or any duty entered into on behalf of the club as duly authorized by the executive.
- The club will have the power to hold and sell, lease, mortgage or charge real and personal property.
11.2 DISSOLUTION OF THE CLUB
In the event of any proposal to wind up the affairs of the Club, twenty-one days notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting to consider the situation shall be sent in writing to members. Only if the proposal receives the assent of at least two-thirds of those fully paid up members who respond, either by attending the Meeting or by replying beforehand, shall the resolution to wind up the Club be effective. If upon the winding up or dissolution there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, it shall not be paid to or distributed among the member of the club. Instead, such property should be given or transferred to some other institution or institutions having main objects similar to the main objects of the club. This institution or institutions to which the property is to be given or transferred shall prohibit the distribution of its or their income and property among its or this members to an extent at least as great as is imposed on the club under or by virtue of clause _____ (Income & Property clause) hereof.
Members of the club shall select the relevant institution or institutions at or before the time of dissolution, and if and so far effect cannot be given to such provisions, then the property shall be given or transferred to some charitable object.
13.1 Income and Property
The income and property of the club shall apply solely towards the promotion of its main object(s) as set forth in the constitution. No portion of the clubs income and property shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit, to the members of the club. No Officer should be appointed to any office of the club paid by salary or fees or receive any remuneration or other benefit in money or money worth from the club. However nothing should prevent any payment in good faith by the club of:
- Reasonable and proper remuneration to any member, officer or servant of the club(not being an officer) for any service rendered to the club.
- Interest at a rate not exceeding 5% per annum on money lent by officer or other members of the club to the club.
- Reasonable and proper rent for premises demised and let by any member of the club (including any officer) to the club.
- Reasonable and proper out-of-pocket expenses incurred by any officer in connection with their attendance to any matter affecting the club.
- Fees, remunerations or other benefits in money or money’s worth to any company of which an Officer may be a member holding not more than one hundredth part of the issued capital of such company.
14.1 Addition, Alterations, or Amendments
No additions, alterations or amendments shall be made to the provision of the main object clause, the income and property clause, the winding up clause, the keeping of accounts clause or this clause of the Constitution for the time being in force unless the same shall have been previously approved in writing by the Revenue Commissioners.
15.1 Keeping of Accounts
Annual accounts shall be kept and made available to the Revenue Commissioners on request.
12.1 Lucan United FC mission is to focus on player development by delivering a positive, high quality and enjoyable football education in a safe environment. We strive to ensure that players will have a variety of opportunities to participate in football at an appropriate level be it recreational, developmental or competitive.
We endeavor to enhance character and community through the game of Football. Integrated in this is the building of self-esteem, self-confidence, team work, respect for self and others, and all the inherent benefits of physical exercise.
The club will appoint a caretaker of the Lucan United Football Constitution and rules and he/she role will be to police the members of the club and highlight to the executive any non-conformance to the constitution and rules by the executive themselves and the other members of the club. This person will also be a member of the executive committee.